5 reasons Uber is better than buying a car

Screen Shot 2014-11-16 at 12.35.101.) The average car in the UK now costs £27,219 ($42,649). The average uber journey is estimated to be £8.60. With those estimates you could take 3,250 uber journeys before it would amount to the initial cost of a car.

2.) Cars are in motion for an average of 4% of the day. The remaining 96% of the time they  sit there losing value.

3.) According to recent statistics 47 hours of lessons are required before a test should be taken. With that time you could learn an entirely new skill. For instance, you could learn to be a professional web developer in just 28 hours with this course:

https://www.udemy.com/complete-web-developer-course/?couponCode=harry99

4.) Maintenance: The average fuel expenditure is £2,600 per year, with a whopping £600 on insurance. Making the total maintenance excluding servicing £3,200. YIKES!

5.) The typical car on the road has 1.2 passengers, a partnership of Google’s driverless cars and Uber would allow the car to be on the road for 23/24 hours, reducing the number of cars by an estimated 4/5. Therefore not only is Uber awesome but it is environmentally friendly.

Want the latest 20VC insights?

Get all of the insights from of our latest epsiodes and more in our monthly newsletter.