20 VC 061: Roxanne Varza on Successfully Pitching VCs in 10 Minutes
Roxanne Varza is currently the startup lead for Microsoft in France, running both Microsoft Ventures Paris and Bizspark. Prior to Microsoft, Roxanne was Editor of TechCrunch France and has been a guest author for the likes of The Telegraph and Business Insider. Roxanne is also the Co-Founder of Tech.eu, one of the few publications to cover the European tech industry as a whole, with the brilliant Robin Wauters. If that wasn’t enough Roxanne is also the Co-Founder of Girls In Tech both in Paris and London, which aims to raise the visibility of women in technology,entrepreneurship and innovation though monthly events, leadership programmes and much more. Roxanne has won a range of accolade including Top 30 Women Under 30 In Tech, Coolest 25 Women in Tech and 10 Women Shaking Up Tech In Their 30s.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How Roxanne made her move into the tech industry and then made the move from TechCrunch to running Microsoft’s Accelerator in Paris?
- What would Roxanne recommend to people in tech contemplating moving countries?
- What can be done to unite the Euopean tech communities together?
- What is the mission at Microsoft Ventures? What is the deal? What are the benefits?
- In the 10 minute pitch to Roxanne, what does Microsoft want to hear?
- How does Microsoft determine product-market fit?
- What does the increase in US funds entering the European market suggest?
- What are the benefits for startups of having global investors?
- What can startups do to increase their media exposure in the sea of new startups?
- How can founders be successful through submitting guest posts?
Items Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Roxanne’s Fave Book: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Roxanne’s Reading Material: News.me + Digg