20 VC 055: Jonathon Triest @ Ludlow Ventures
Quote of the Day: ‘Advisors are the most crucial element to success for the young generation’. Jonathon Triest, 20 Min VC
Jonathon Triest is the Founder and Managing Partner of Ludlow Ventures and Sandwich Fund. Prior to launching Ludlow, Jonathon worked as creative director for New York’s Discovery Productions. He founded and operated Triest Group, a design firm with a deep UI/UX focus. In addition to his role at Ludlow, Jonathon is a Kauffman Fellow and a mentor at numerous technology accelerators including Silicon Valley’s Up West Labs, Cincinnati’s The Brandery, and San Francisco’s Highway 1. He is board member of The Trico Foundation and Venture for America.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How Jonathon made his unorthodox way into starting his own fund at the age of 27?
- What was Jonathon’s first investing strategy and how has it developed?
- What Jonathon believes is wrong with the typical VC? How are Ludlow different?
- How does Jonathon find the fundraising process as a VC?
- Other than capital what are the benefits of fundraising?
- How does Jonathon differentiate Ludlow from the huge amount of seed funds?
- What are the benefits of accelerators for Jonathon and Ludlow?
- How does Jonathon approach deal flow?
- What does Jonathon look for in founders?
- Does Jonathon have design input in his investments?
- How important are advisors for the young generation coming into this community?
- How Jonathon managed to convince the likes of Brad Feld and Eric Ries to mentor him?
Items Mentioned In Todays Show
Jonathon’s Fave Book: The Thief of Always by Clive Barker
Jonathon’s Most Recent Investment: Wrapify