20 VC 051: The New Silicon Valley Style VC in London with Alessandra Sollberger @ Mosaic Ventures
Alessandra Sollberger is a VC at Mosaic Ventures, a new Silicon Valley style venture firm based in London, focussing on Series A rounds. Alessandra previously worked in private equity at Blackstone, covering sectors ranging from consumer brands to software. Prior to that, she worked in startups in the US and Europe and in M&A at Goldman Sachs. She is also the founder of Bright Mentors, an edtech non-profit teaching coding and science in secondary schools through a network of technology professionals.
In todays episode you will learn:
- How Alessandra made her move into the VC world?
- What are you Mosaic looking for? What is their typical investment size?
- What Alessandra thinks of the different paths into venture?
- What advice would you give someone looking to enter venture?
Why Alessandra believes there has been a resurgence in marketplaces? What is driving this growth?
- What startup marketplaces is Alessandra most excited about?
- Alessandra’s thoughts on the next big sector to be disrupted and why?