20 VC 004: David Hornik on The Magic of Stanford and Startups
David started his career as legal attorney to some of the hottest startups in Silicon Valley before making his foray into the Venture Capital Industry with August Capital in 2000. If that wasn’t enough, David created the 1st Venture Capital blog, VentureBlog and is also the presenter of VentureCast.
Items Mentioned on Today’s Show
In today’s episode you will learn:
- Why David made the transition from the legal world into the VC industry?
- What is so special about Stanford that enables a continuous flow of revlolutionary companies?
- Whether legal skills are attributable to the funding industry?
- What David looks for when investing in a company?
- Does it always have to be a big market opportunity for VCs to invest?
- What the best piece of business advice David has ever received?
- What book David would recommend to a Startup Founder?
We then progress into a quick fire round where we hear David’s views on Peter Thiel’s 20 Under 20 and the 1st $Trillion business.