Bob Ghoorah, Managing Director at Columubus Nova Technology Partners. Bob has experienced both sides of the table having been an early employee at three technology companies in Silicon Valley; LoudCloud (Nasdaq: LDCL), Opsware (Nasdaq: OPSW) and Ning, a privately-held software platform (sold to Glam Media in 2011).
In this episode we find out:
- The benefits of having a legal knowledge in the Startup community.
- What characteristics make the best entrepreneurs?
- Who does Bob think of, when the word ‘success’ is mentioned and why?
- Where Bob sees the future of Uber?
- What aspects of a Startup are essential in order to obtain VC funding?
- Is it important for Startups to be located in Silicon Valley?
- What books Bob woulg give to an aspring entrepreneur and startup founder?
- What advice Bob would give to anyone looking to get into the Venture Capital Industry?
Finally, we head to the quick fire round. Here, we get Bob’s immediate reactions to the latests tech topics including tech bubble, company valuations and the first trillion dollar company.